Thursday 31 March 2016

D'Angelo Russell apology to Iggy Azalea for the Leaked Video

It's been quite a week for the Los Angeles Lakers, and it has little to do with what's been taking place on the court. After rookie point guard D'Angelo Russell's video surfaced, which showed teammate Nick "Swaggy P" Young – who is engaged to Iggy Azalea (who incidentally thanked Russell for the video) – talking about infidelities, the team has been making headlines. On Wednesday, Russell offered a mea culpa during an interview with The Vertical, via Complex.


Russell referred to the incident as one of the pranks the pair often pulled on one another and he didn't consider that it could "have bigger consequences."

"I am sick. I am sorry about recording the video," Russell said. "I can't repeat myself enough on that: I am sorry I recorded that video. I feel horrible. I wish this never happened."

Russell filmed the video in December, though he said he was not sure how the tape was made public months later. "I never intentionally wanted to hurt anyone," he told The Vertical. "I never wanted what was said in there to get out. It was my fault that it did, but that was never intentional."

The point guard also said he apologized to Young directly, though he didn't reveal whether Young had forgiven him. Prior to his apology, the violation of trust between he and his teammates was a palpable point of contention. He admitted that he knew it would take time to "regain trust and confidence" among his fellow Lakers.

"I know this is going to be tough," he said. "I am a good person. I cherish the relationships I have and I would never intentionally hurt someone. I will work hard to earn back the trust of my teammates and those who were impacted by this." He added that "I'll do whatever it takes."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Avoid using offensive or malicious words on your comments


Share: http://www.tiimsinfo.blogspot.com.ng/
Facebook: Tiimsinfo
Twitter: @Tiimsinfo


For Advert placement and sponsorship call:
Tiim's; +2347030654494