Entertainment, News, Sports, Comedy, Politics, Relationship, Fashion, Style...Gossip
Thursday, 14 April 2016
Wednesday, 13 April 2016
Saturday, 9 April 2016
Gunmen posing as police officers arrested thanks to spelling mistake
Four gunmen riding in a fake police car have been arrested in Mexico after the real authorities noticed a spelling mistake on their otherwise identical vehicle.
The car was painted and outfitted to look exactly like the ones used by the federal police, but spelled the word division with a c instead of an s.
That aroused the suspicion of a military patrol in the western state of Michoacan, which stopped the vehicle and arrested the four men with guns and ammunition.
The detained suspects do not belong to any security force, the Michoacan authorities said in a statement Tuesday.
The state is the scene of frequent violence between drug cartels fighting each other for control of trafficking routes.
Kanye West breaks silence on Rob and fiancĂ©e Blac Chyna’s engagement
Kanye West said that he wishes the couple all the best when he was grilled about the engagement after landing in Los Angeles on Friday.When asked if he would be attending the wedding, the rapper said:
‘You know what? I haven’t been invited.’You know, Rob is my brother. I love Rob. I just roll with it. I love Rob, that’s all I can say. I love Rob.’He said
Paul Walker’s daughter wins $10.1 million settlement
Paul Walker’s daughter Meadow Walker has been awarded a $10.1 million settlement from Roger Rodas’ estate. Roger Roda was the friend who was driving the car that killed both Paul Walker and himself in 2013.
“The amount paid by the estate of Roger Rodas into a trust for Meadow Walker only covers a fraction of what her father would have earned as an international movie star had his life not tragically been cut short,” Meadow’s lawyer, Jeffrey Milam, said in a statement to City News Service.
Roger Roda’s widow and Paul Walker’s daughter tried to sue the carmaker for Paul Walker and Roger Roda’s death but Meadow’s lawsuit was denied while earlier this week, a federal judge ruled that Rodas’ widow cannot prove the carmaker was responsible for the accident. So she didn’t win either.
Khloe Kardashian flaunts her sexy curves, talks about chosing happiness, love and abundance over everything
The reality star took to her IG page to show off her sexy curves and made another post where she showed off more curves and wrote some encouraging words to her followers. Of course people had to leave their own comments, good and bad. Read what she wrote and a comment made by one of her followers below…
Talking about our problems in excess is one of our biggest downfalls. Choose to manifest our blessings! Focus on the joy in life. We rise by uplifting others!!! Today I pray you choose abundance, love and happiness over everything!! Today WE rise!! Kisses!! PS I love this sweet baby doll look Mum and son’ couple” go into hiding as police say she could face 15 years in jail
A British mother who has admitted having an incestuous relationship with her son was in hiding as police said she could face up to 15 years in prison, Daily Mirror reports.
Kim West told how she has been enjoying “incredible and mind-blowing” sex with Ben Ford ever since they met in 2014 after being reunited following 30 years apart.(Read here:Woman who has sex with her son plans to marry and have kids by him)
The English-born mum became pregnant while studying in California and after giving birth to her son aged 19, gave him up for adoption .
Now after being reunited Ben, 32, has left his wife and moved in with his 52-year-old mum in Michigan where they hope to start a family and get married .
But after speaking about their love for each other and revealing their plans to have a baby, the couple have now gone to ground as US authorities became aware of their relationship.
The say they would like to marry however such weddings are banned throughout America.
They also want to try for a baby but have said they will consider surrogacy if they are unable to have a biological child.
The couple say they are prepared to leave Michigan to avoid being arrested. Only two states allow adult incest.
Man raped teenager, got her pregnant then raped the child she gave birth to 8 years later
A “depraved and predatory” paedophile has been locked up for raping and impregnating a teenage girl – then sexually abusing her child eight years on.
Gordon Dean, 79, subjected his child victims to a sustained “campaign of rape” warning them “bad things would happen” if they told anyone of his abuse.
For seven years he repeatedly raped, sexual abused and assaulted the first victim when she was aged between 13 and 20.
The girl fell pregnant and gave birth to his child, but eight years later, he raped and abused her too from the age of eight to 12, the Liverpool Echo reports.
The pensioner, denied any wrongdoing and only admitted his crimes in the face of irrefutable DNA evidence.
Judge David Aubrey, QC, said:
“You are a domineering, controlling, deviant and depraved man. You are a predatory paedophile.
“How does any person ever come to terms with the fact firstly that they came into this world as a result of their mother being raped by you?
“How does anyone ever come to terms with thereafter the fact you raped that very person?””You took away their virginity, you took away their innocence, you took away much of their lives.
“You have scarred both of them emotionally and psychologically.”
Dean showed no emotion as he was sent down, while his youngest victim burst into tears.
The judge deemed him an offender of particular concern, meaning he will serve at least 10 years in prison, and only be released if a parole board decides he is no longer a threat to society.
Photo: Pope reaches out to divorcees but holds line on homosexuality
Pope Francis on Friday opted for no change in the Catholic approach to homosexuality but signalled a more open stance on cohabiting and divorced believers under new Church guidelines on family life.
In his 260-page “apostolic exhortation”, a long-awaited document which is likely to disappoint advocates of more radical change, Francis strongly reiterates the Church’s opposition to the legal recognition of gay relationships.
But he signals a significant departure from the Church’s long-established and often severe condemnation of those “living in sin”, emphasising the many barriers, including poverty, that exist to couples marrying before a priest.
He urges local parishes to do more to embrace divorced believers who have remarried in civil ceremonies, implicitly indicating that, in certain cases, the Church’s ban on them receiving communion could be lifted.
An “exhortation” that generally reflects Francis’s desire to create a less judgemental, condemnatory Church contains an acknowledgement that the institution he heads needs “a healthy dose of self-criticism.”
And it is not all complex theological issues.
One section urges parents to ensure their children remember to say please, thank you and sorry.
Another recommends breaking the humdrum of married life with an occasional party.
And brides-to-be are given some practical advice: don’t spend so much time planning the big day that you arrive exhausted at the altar.
Welcomed and guided
Francis notes that bishops who reviewed Catholic teaching on same sex couples at synods in 2014 and 2015 had observed that “there are absolutely no grounds for considering homosexual unions to be in any way similar or even remotely analogous to God’s plan for marriage and family.”
While the exhortation also expresses opposition to “every sign of unjust discrimination” based on sexual orientation, it includes no positive language about gay relationships.
While not unexpected, that will come as a disappointment for gay Catholics who had been encouraged to hope for real change by Francis’s famous “Who am I to judge?” remark about homosexuality early in his papacy and a more positive document presented to the first synod, which was shot down by conservatives.
In the absence of any new language on gay believers, official Church teaching defaults to the controversial formula that same-sex relationships are “intrinsically disordered.”
The area in which the missive arguably signals the biggest change to the Church’s 1.2 billion followers around the world is in its recognition of the value of the relationships of many cohabiting couples.
“The choice of a civil marriage or, in many cases, of simple cohabitation, is often not motivated by prejudice or resistance to a sacramental union, but by cultural or contingent situations,” the text states.
“In such cases, respect also can be shown for those signs of love which in some way reflect God’s own love.”
The text also notes that some couples do not marry because of the expense involved: “Material poverty drives people into de facto unions,” it states.
In light of such circumstances, “these couples need to be welcomed and guided patiently and discreetly.”
Divorced not excommunicated
On believers who have divorced and remarried, the texts says it is important they are made to feel part of the Church and encouraged to participate in parish life.
“They are not excommunicated and they should not be treated as such,” it states.
Commentators were divided on how to interpret this.
Although the text stresses that the situations of divorced and remarried believers “require careful discernment” it does not explicitly authorise communion for the divorced and remarried.
“Francis makes no new law that would be applicable in all cases; he does not establish any kind of ‘pathway’ back to the sacraments,” Catholic commentator Austen Ivereigh wrote for the Crux website.
Others emphasised a passage which stated that since responsibility for divorces was not
After 26 years at the helm, Chad’s President Deby runs for 5th term facing rare public dissent
In the dry searing heat of Chad’s capital N’Djamena, a single face stares out from election campaign billboards, President Idriss Deby’s, though 14 candidates are running in Sunday’s presidential poll.
After 26 years at the helm of the vast largely barren nation that is Africa’s fifth biggest, Deby has consolidated his grip on power and now seems poised to comfortably win a fifth term in office on April 10.
Under Deby’s command, the once unstable destitute country has become both an oil producer and key player in the global fight against jihadist terror.
Yet despite Chad’s newfound strategic influence, Deby this year has faced unprecedented dissent at home.
In recent weeks, protest marches have been banned, activist leaders thrown behind bars and security forces called out en masse when small groups of protesters take to the streets.
On Thursday, police fired live rounds and tear gas to disperse a couple of hundred protesters after prosecutors demanded six-month jail terms for five anti-government activist leaders.
In districts across the capital, posters featuring the 63-year-old in suit and fine-rimmed glasses, or staring out from under a white cowboy hat, urge people to vote for “Chad’s emergence” or dub him “the young people’s candidate”.
Police are out in force protecting the offices of his Patriotic Salvation Movement (MPS), with its trademark colours of blue and yellow.
The presidential palace too is under heavy guard and national television runs a steady flow of pro-Deby stories and citizens’ praise.
“They can shoot to kill at any time,” said the deputy leader of the trade unions movement, Goukouni Maina.
Ethnic tension
On the campaign trail, the head of state hammered home a vow to promote the “emergence” of Chad, where seven out of 10 people cannot read and write, and half the population of 13 million live below the poverty line despite the new oil revenues.
Of the 13 challengers, the most prominent is Saleh Kebzabo, a Muslim from the heavily-populated southwest Mayo Kebbi province who first stood against Deby in 1996 and who leads the National Union for Development and Renewal (UNDR).
Seen as Chad’s main opposition leader, Kebzabo, whose party has several parliamentary seats, has pledged to promote national unity and education if elected.
A Deby insider turned foe, Joseph Djimrangar Dadnadji, a Christian from Mandoul in the south, is another high-profile candidate.
The 62-year-old is a former prime minister who for more than 20 years was a member of the MPS ruling party before setting up his own party last year to “break the hold on (Chad’s) heritage by those in power.”
Chad has scores of ethnic groups speaking more than 100 languages, and some of its conflicts have been blamed on divisions between Muslims, who make up 53 percent of the population, and Christians and animists.
Ethnic tension has been fuelled meanwhile by Deby handing top jobs to members of his Zaghawa ethnic group from eastern Chad and western Sudan, including Darfur to avoid betrayal and to boost their business interests.
Chad’s feared and powerful army, for instance, which is currently in the frontline of a global anti-terror offensive in the sub-Saharan region, is essentially headed by Zaghawas.
‘Almost total impunity’
In a recent report, the International Crisis Group noted that Zaghawa people, notably those from Deby’s Bilia sub-group, held top positions in the Chadian military, meaning they had “almost total impunity.”
Even when killed on the front, Zaghawa soldiers are worth more in compensation to their families than troops from other ethnic groups.
Ethnic resentment too may be behind protests that erupted in February over the gang rape of a young woman by the sons of several leading army commanders and officials, including the foreign minister.
Two youngsters were killed when security forces cracked down on the demonstrations.
Chad is also facing an unprecedented security threat. It was rocked by two jihadist attacks
JK Rowling’s ‘Harry Potter’ chair sells for a cool $394k
The chair JK Rowling sat in while writing the first two books of the ‘Harry Potter’ series has sold for $394,000 at auction.
JK used the chair while penning ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ and ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets’ and 10 per cent of the profits will be donated to her charity Lumos by seller Gerald Gray, who bought it for $29,000 in 2009 on EBay.
JK originally auctioned the chair for charity in 2001 and it went for just $21,000.
The piece of furniture is inscribed with the words “Gryffindor,” and “I wrote Harry Potter in this chair.”
It also comes with a letter from JK which reads: “Dear new-owner-of-my-chair. I was given four mismatched dining room chairs in 1995 and this was the comfiest one, which is why it ended up stationed permanently in front of my typewriter, supporting me while I typed out ‘Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone’ and ‘Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets. My nostalgic side is quite sad to see it go, but my back isn’t.”
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

























