Wednesday, 30 December 2015

Newborn baby survives fall through train toilet


A baby delivered inside the lavatory of an Indian train slipped through the toilet bowl to fall on rail tracks but survived.

Police officer, Anil Sirohi said on Wednesday in New Delhi that a pregnant woman had labour pains while travelling on Monday on the train in the northern state of Uttar Pradesh on Monday.

He said that the 23-year-old went to the toilet and delivered a baby girl that slipped out and onto the tracks from the train.

“Passengers on the train heard her cries for help and pulled the emergency chain to bring the train to a halt.

“Moments later they ran toward the baby and found it was alive,’’ he said.

The officer said that the railway police moved both mother and child to a nearby hospital.
Railway official, Chandra Mohan-Jindal, said it was a miracle that the newborn girl survived after falling on concrete boulders of the track from such a height.

“Fortunately the train was not at a great speed as it had just begun its journey from the railway station.

Mohan-Jindal said that it was the second such incident in India this year.

Woman was mutilated and murdered by ISIS for breastfeeding her baby in public


A woman has been brutally murdered by ISIS's female police for breastfeeding her child in public, according to witness reports.

The woman had been breastfeeding her son under the cover of her burqa, in Raqqa, northern Syria when she was spotted by ISIS's feared women police force; the al-Khansaa Brigade.

Despite shielding herself and the child from public view under her full-veil burqa, the Al-Khansaa Brigade ruled she had been 'violating public decency'.


'An ISIS policewoman took the baby, gave it to another woman, and then killed the mother,' Aisha, a former Raqqa resident now living Turkey, told the Sunday Times.

The mother was reportedly mutilated before she was murdered, according to ISIS-linked social media accounts, where it was proclaimed the victim had 'violated public decency'

Dis is too bad, too bad ....

Sunday, 27 December 2015

Al Ghurair, UAE's Business Mogul, to Invest in Nigeria's Infrastructure, Mining, Others


Abdullah Ahmed Al Ghurair,


Kunle Aderinokun

Nigeria’s foreign direct investment (FDI) is about to receive a boost as one of the leading United Arab Emirates’ business moguls, Sheikh Abdullah Ahmed Al Ghurair, has indicated interest in different sectors of the Nigerian economy.


A source, who revealed this to Tiiminfo noted that Al Ghurair, who is the chairman of Al Ghurair Investment, is planning to invest massively in the oil and gas,  power,  financial sectors as well as  the agriculture and mining sectors,  and Infrastructure.


Al-Ghurair, who has expressed confidence in the administration of President Muhammadu Buhari, is the chairman of over 36 companies and chairman of Mashreq Bank, the oldest bank in the region. His empire straddles a wide variety of businesses  that helped in bringing  prosperity to the UAE  from its earliest days  and also extends to more than 20 countries of the world.


Al Ghurair serves as the chairman of UAE Bankers Association, chairman of Al Ghurair University and Member of Dubai Economic Affairs. Only recently, he donated a third of his wealth to education charity with a view to helping underprivileged Arab youths.


Sheikh Abdullah Ahmed Al Ghurair is the father of Abdulaziz Al Ghurair, chief executive of Mashreq bank. The foundation will plan to spend  an initial Dh4.2 billion or $1.1 billion over the next 10 years on educating underprivileged UAE and Arab youths.


The assets donated by Al Ghurair will be utilised to equipping Arab youths with the knowledge and skills they need to become the leaders of tomorrow and drive the sustainable development of their communities.


The foundation will invest in innovative high-impact programmes that improve the quality of education at the primary and secondary levels while also helping a minimum of 15,000 promising Arab youths from underprivileged backgrounds  to pursue quality higher education for a value of Dh4.2 billion over 10 years.


Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai, His Highness Sheikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, has lauded the move.

Pictures of the day: 27 December 2015

Pope Francis addresses the pilgrims gathered in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican as they attend his Sunday Angelus prayer.

Tonto Dikeh Celebrates Husband’s Birthday

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh took to her Instagram page to shower praises on her husband Oladunni Churchill as he turns a year older today.


She wrote

Your name is the first thing I mention each time I count my blessings,because that’s what you’re to me.Today I celebrate you-Your brilliant mind,your beautiful soul,your genuinity & your wisdom…I love everything you stand for & support everything you dream of…I’m grateful to God that you exist & that you’ve made me the center of your universe…I’m thankful that your arms are my haven & your kisses the Elixir that give me life..I love you,My KING..
May God bless you with many more years of health & Life & dreams coming true next to those of Us that love,Value & Honor you.
Happy Birthday MRX

Saturday, 26 December 2015

Flavour Shares Another Adorable Photo Of His Daughter With Anna Banner

Flavour of Africa is obviously in love with is daughter and can’t stop gushing over her. He had her with with ex-beauty queen, Anna Banner.

Nigerian gas explosion as people queued at the...


Up to 100 people killed after Nigerian gas plant exploded in ‘huge inferno’ as people queued for fuel on Christmas Eve

The fireball destroyed nearby buildings and left burned corpses littering the plant in Nnewi, according to witnesses.

The blaze, which stated at 11am local time on Thursday, consumed victims who had been waiting in line to collect crude oil from the Inter Corp Oil Limited gas plant – a subsidiary of Nigerian conglomerate Chicason Group.

A witness, Emeka Peters, said the fire broke out when a tanker truck that had finished discharging fresh gas at the plant left without waiting to observe the prescribed cooling time.

‘The fire exploded like a bomb, and the whole gas station went up in thick, black smoke amidst an explosion from cooking gas cylinders,’ he said.

‘Many people were killed, and most of them were those that had been in the station queuing all day to get their cylinders refilled.’
More pictures below;






Monday, 21 December 2015

Star Wars service at German church condemned as...

Children carried toy lightsabers to church and others came as Darth Vader
Service was arranged to mark the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Event criticised online with some people calling it 'sinful' and 'discraceful'
Church says there are 'parallels' between movies and Christian traditions
A German church has been condemned for being 'sinful' after holding a Star Wars service to celebrate the new film.

Children carried toy lightsabers to the church in Berlin and some of the congregation dressed up as Darth Vader to mark the release of Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

The service, on Sunday, was soon criticised on social media with some calling it 'sinful' and 'disgraceful'.



Ulrike Garve, a vicar in training, opened the Protestant service with the words 'The wait is over - the Force has awakened!'

A screen set up next to the altar showed a clip from a Star Wars movie in which Luke Skywalker fights off Darth Vader and declares to The Emperor that he will never turn to the Dark Side.

A man dressed as Jawa character arrives for the service. Local priests used the opportunity to point out parallels between the movie and Christianitywhile using the original film's score as organ accompaniment


Plus-size model Laura Wells strips off for daring naked beach shoot


Australian model Laura Wells has bared all in a risque nude photoshoot on the beach.

The size 14 beauty posed naked for Sydney photographer, Art Provocative, whose seductive style captures the 'allure and natural beauty of women'.

Wells shared a black and white photo from the shoot on her Instagram, and told her 47,300 followers the photo was 'was taken a little while ago when I wasn't 100% happy with my body'.

She said;
      'One thing I will never do is allow how I perceive my body to stop me from doing or achieving things,'

More pictures, we wish to see more please kwa:






Disaster on Miss Universe as Steve Harvey announces the WRONG winner

My mistake! Disaster on Miss Universe as Steve Harvey announces the WRONG winner - and Miss Colombia has to take off her crown and give it to Miss Philippines on live television



Host Steve Harvey announced the wrong winner of the Miss Universe 2015 pageant on Sunday night - and the crowd watched in heartbreak and horror as the crown had to be removed from the head of one contestant and placed on another on live television.

Miss Colombia Ariadna Gutierrez wiped away tears of joy as the $30,000 blue diamond and topaz crown was placed upon her head and she was named Miss Universe 2015, winning the title for her country for the second year in a row.

More pictures;



Cristiano Ronaldo shares a pic of his son playing football

His father hope he becomes world best someday. Good work n keep it up.














Syrian refugee who swam from Turkey to Greece's...




Swimming to a new life: Incredible story of Syrian refugee who left his home in Damascus after it was bombed then swam for seven hours across the Aegean desperate for a safer future in Europe


A Syrian refugee has told how he swam for seven hours from Turkey to Greece because he couldn't afford to pay smugglers to take him by boat.

Ameer Mehtr defied swirling currents, 3ft high waves and exhaustion to swim the eight kilometre stretch to reach Europe - and he says he's not the only one making the perilous journey this way.

His triumphant photo of his arrival on the Greek island of Samos quickly went viral after it was shared on the RefugeeSweden on Instagram.















Ameer said;

'Every second of the way I thought I was going to die,' he told The Sunday Times, who he spoke to from an asylum centre in Sweden.

'But I kept going. I just kept looking at the cliffs in front of me and thinking 'Here is my future',' he said.

Ameer said he left Damascus after his friend was shot by a government sniper and his family home was destroyed in the fighting - wiping out the family finances.

More pictures;





Sunday, 20 December 2015

FIRST PHOTO OF UK BASED GRIME ARTISTE SKEPTA LAGOS


UK Based Nigerian rapper, Joseph Adenuga, Skepta landed in Lagos last night ahead of the beat fm Christmas concert Holding at the Federal Palace Hotel, Victoria Island, the Beat FM
The Christmas Concert will also feature performances from Olamide, 2face Idibia, MI, Davido, Yemi Alade, Seyi Shay, Wande Coal, Phyno, KCEE, Victoria Kimani, Adekunle Gold, Kcee, Lil Kesh, Olu Maintain, Harrysong, Vector Tha Viper, Show Dem Camp and many others.

U.S. Airstrike Killed Iraqis by Accident, Officials Say

















ABOARD THE U.S.S. KEARSARGE — An airstrike that mistakenly killed Iraqi troops on Friday was carried out by an American plane, United States officials said on Saturday.

The episode poses a fresh challenge to the Obama administration’s efforts to expand cooperation with the Iraqis in fighting the Islamic State, and Defense Secretary Ashton B. Carter was quick to call the Iraqi prime minister, Haider al-Abadi, to express his condolences and invite Iraq to participate in an investigation.

China slams US over 'provocative' use of B-52 bombers in the South China Sea


Two US B-52 bombers have flown close to islands in the flashpoint South China Sea this month in a "serious military provocation", Beijing said, as tensions simmer in the disputed waterway.

China insists it has sovereignty over virtually all of the resource-rich sea, conflicting with the various claims of several neighbouring nations, and US activity in the area has provoked Beijing's ire several times in recent months.

"In the morning of 10 December, two US B-52 bombers entered air space over the Chinese Nansha islands [Spratly Islands] and nearby areas without authorisation," Beijing's defence ministry said.

"This behaviour is a serious military provocation which complicates the general situation in the South China Sea, [contributing] to the militarisation of the region."

Saturday, 19 December 2015

Miss Spain gets promotion: Miss World


SANYA, China — Spain’s Mireia Lalaguna Royo was named the winner of the Miss World 2015 competition Saturday night in the southern Chinese island resort of Sanya, an event dogged by controversy over China’s refusal to allow Canada’s entrant to attend.
Sofia Nikitchuk of Russia was the runner-up and Indonesia’s Maria Harfanti took third place in the final following a lengthy competition featuring 114 women.
Each had won the right to represent their country in a series of local and regional competitions.
The victory marked the first-ever win for a Spanish contestant.
Lalaguna is a 23-year-old model from Barcelona with a degree in pharmacology who plans to pursue a master’s degree in nutrition. She placed first in the competition’s top model contest and appeared to impress the judges with her public speaking.
Not present was Miss Canada, Chinese-born Anastasia Lin, who had been prevented from boarding her connecting flight to Sanya from Hong Kong last month after China refused her a visa.
Lin is an outspoken critic of Chinese religious policy and a follower of the Falun Gong meditation practice, which was outlawed by China in 1999.
She said that after she won the Canadian title, Chinese security agents visited her father, who still lives in China, in an apparent attempt to intimidate her into silence.
China has hosted the competition seven times, starting in 2003, part of its attempts to project a more modern, outgoing image. However, the controversy over Lin’s attendance illustrates the authoritarian communist government’s determination to do so on its own terms, regardless of the cost to the country’s reputation.
Neither Beijing nor the London-based Miss World Organization has commented on the controversy.
It was the second consecutive year that outside events intruded on the competition. Last year’s contest in London was marred by the murder the month before of Miss Honduras and her sister in that country.
The first Miss World contest was held 64 years ago in Britain.

Fire outbreak at Westminster Market Apapa


There was a fire outbreak at the popular Westminster Market in the Trinity area of Apapa, Lagos on Saturday morning.

our correspondent confirmed that the fire engulfed 12 containers used as warehouses at the market.
The market where all kinds of items are sold, from blenders to cooking gas, is located close to some tank farms in Apapa.
The Director, Lagos State Fire Service, Mr. Rasak Fadipe, could not be immediately reached to comment on the fire.

Thursday, 17 December 2015

Photos: Buhari's aides present him with a giant birthday card


President Buhari's aides paid him a surprise visit at the state House this morning where they presented him a giant birthday card on the occasion of his 73rd birthday which is today Dec 17th

Photo: Andy Uba's daughter called to the Nigerian Bar..


Chrystal Uba, the daughter of Senator Andy Uba, a former Special Assistant on Special Duties and Domestic Affairs to Olusegun Obasanjo, was called to the Nigerian Bar in Abuja. Congrats to her!

Spot the difference




South Africans are sharing this photo on social media. Both pictures were taken at the Zuma must Fall protest in South Africa yesterday December 16th. They say policemen were nicer to the whites..